Jigsaw Specialist Recruitment are working with a specialist, international engineering business. Through continued, expanding growth they are now in position to recruit a new Project Manager. You will be responsible for ensuring the costs of projects are maintained within budget, whilst evaluating the technical and commercial elements of a sales enquiry to ascertain all the needs for a project. The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience in other, similar Project Management positions and have excellent technical knowledge of production processes.
Key responsibilities will include: –
• Evaluate all technical and commercial elements of a sales enquiry; developing a project plan.
• Produce proposals resulting from enquiries arising from the Sales team’s activities.
• Act as the customer interface for the duration of a project/order/contract giving the customer regular status reports (some contractual) or dealing with the customer on issues with the project/order/contract.
• Participate in customer visits/quality reviews to final product acceptance.
• Develop and maintain key account management relationship with the customers.
• Ensure that the customer order/quotation have been reviewed for export compliance.
• Deliver a written report on a weekly basis status of projects.
• Produce project plans, which are regularly updated and issued to the team involved in meeting the customer’s delivery schedule.
• Call regular project meetings, taking the minutes and ensuring action are maintained, escalating if delivery is not maintained.
• Manage a robust process that tracks project margin throughout the project execution to ensure margins are maintained, and mitigation plans developed with functional leaders are delivered.
• Use the ERP process to maintain project status and costs and support the production planning process.
• Work alongside the Design and Sales teams to provide technical assistance to help increase sales revenues.