Our client is a leading engineering organisation based in Poole. They are looking to recruit a Buyer who will be responsible for the sourcing the correct products and services at the right time and price in line with MRP requirements and approved requests to support the business plan and predicted stock levels. This post will require close liaison with other members of the purchasing team and various other departments within the organisation.
Critical Competencies for Success
- Experience in a similar Purchasing role within a manufacturing/engineering environment.
- Holds or is studying for a professional purchasing qualification (CIPS).
- Good understanding and working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems.
- Skilled in the reading of an engineering drawings.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Methodical and organised in the execution of work.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and target focused.
- Proactive approach with a positive attitude, demonstrating the ability to identify solutions to challenges.
- Ability to demonstrate a desire to succeed and to work as part of a team and work independently.
- Ability to learn new skills and procedures and work to tight deadlines and timescales whilst remaining calm under pressure.
- Flexible with the ability to work to deadlines and the determination to see a job through to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Customer focused and fully committed to continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Negotiation and analytical skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Standard business tools (specifically Excel).