Our client, a leading manufacturing organisation with a global presence is looking for a Management Accountant to join their finance function. You will have responsibility for providing financial analysis to contract managers for specific contracts, ensuring the accurate reporting of financial performance for these (including meaningful variance analysis for actual, budgeted and forecast performance).
The role delivers monthly management accounts for each of its contracts, with a good understanding of cost bases, overall contract costs to complete, and revenue recognition mechanisms. It ensures positive cash performance from the contracts in liaison with operational and commercial colleagues.
- Prepare inputs into finance reports submitted to the Senior Leadership Team and shareholder, and where required present such results
- Provide insight into cost trends and ratios, enabling the contract management and leadership teams to address areas of concern as early as possible
- Prepare annual budget/5YP for contracts and re-forecasting where required
- Provide updated cashflow information to support short term weekly cash forecast for business
- Reconcile contract balances held on the balance sheet and provide information to financial accounts team as required
- Support with external audit queries in relation to contract balances
- Where applicable, liaise with external auditors as necessary
- Provide support to the Senior Finance Business Partner where necessary with regard to other cost models
- Other ad hoc financial analysis and support to the wider Finance team as required
- Collaborate and work with the wider Finance team as well as other functions and operational colleagues, to support continuous improvement processes across the business (with a particular focus on Finance) and challenge the status quo, seeking efficiencies as part of a team effort at both functional and operational levels
As the ideal candidate you will be: –
- CIMA / ACCA / ACA qualified or part-qualified with demonstrable accounting experience. QBE canidates will also be considered.
- Have excellent Microsoft Excel/financial modelling and analytical skills
- In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, excellent benefits and the opportunity for hybrid working.